For more information see: http://delphix.com
Delphix is the most powerful product to improve development output and quality in the 20+ years I’ve been working with databases. It improves development by eliminating the enormous infrastructure, bureaucracy and time drag that it takes to provision databases for development environments. Development environments depend on having a copies of production databases and Delphix allows provisioning in a few minutes with almost no storage overhead by sharing duplicate blocks among all the copies.
Delphix is used by the #1 companies in their industries such as Walmart, Cisco, Facebook, Ebay, Pfizer, New York Life. The median gain we have seen on app dev teams from eliminiting the process barriers of provisioning is a 2x speekd up application output not to mention storage savings and IT personel improved efficies.
I’m not sure if you can imagine the ease and savings of virtualizing databases. Database Virtualization gives:
- Project acceleration as developers and QA can get copies in minutes
- Project parallelization as each developer can have their own copy and QA can run tests in parallel
- Project stability as errors can be caught using full copies instead of subsets
- Production protection with recovery from logical corruptions in minutes
- Storage savings
Delphix is software. Delphix installs on any x86 box, supports any Oracle OS (as well as SQL Server) and uses any storage. The source database is copied onto the Delphix machine with RMAN APIs, the data is compressed and Delphix handles capturing new changes on the source database and provisioning of virtual databases. Virtual database can be provisioned from the original source at any second or any SCN during the source retention window which is typically 2 weeks. Then you can make as many copies as you want for almost free.
Delphix is used by
- Fortune #1 Walmart
- #1 pharmaceutical Pfizer
- #1 social Facebook
- #1 US bank Wells Fargo
- #1 networking Cisco
- #1 cable provider Comcast
- #1 auction site Ebay
- #1 insurance New York Life
- #1 chip manufacture Intel
The list goes on.
For more information see: http://www.delphix.com
Other Blog posts
- Database as a Service
- Automate or die – the revolution will be automated
- Data is the Constraint
- Data Flood
- Data Simplicity
- Why data agility is more valuable that schema consolidation
- Designing IT for Data Manufacture
- Delphix Benefits in Brief
- Theory of Constraints: the DBA
- Database Upgrade – What’s the Bottleneck?
- Data Management from a Theory of Constraints Perspective
- Theory of Constraints
- Handoffs delay, self service saves
- Thin cloning left shift
- Difference between storage snapshot and data virtualization
- Principle of least storage
- The inferior subset
- Data glut is the problem. Data agility is the solution
- Production Possibility Frontier
- What’s the true price of data?
- What is Delphix
- Alleviate load on SANs with Data Virtualization
- Cache Everything Without Breaking the Bank
- Supercharged performance at a fraction of the price
- Moving beyond the ‘keep the lights on’ mentality
- Forbes Magazine Names Delphix One of America’s Top 25 Most Promising Companies of 2014.
- Gartner Cool Vendor of 2013
- TechTarget‘s Top Ten Virtualization Companies in 2014,
- one of the DBTA Top 100 Companies that Matter Most in Data
- a Red Herring Top 100 Global winner
- winner of the IET Innovation Award.
- The San Francisco Business Times also named Jedidiah Yueh CEO of the Year in 2013.
- San Jose Mercury had a great interview with Delphix CEO Jedidiah Yueh, on building apps faster
- Delphix was sited as one of 20 amazing companies founded during the financial crises
- Forbes: Delphix Shrinks Database Complexity 100-Fold
- WSJ: “Jed is a phenomenal CEO, … He has great technology and he’s assembling a great team.”http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2012/07/24/delphix-wants-to-virtualize-your-databases/
- Delphix – How virtual databases can close data centers http://www.zdnet.com/delphix-how-virtual-databases-can-close-data-centers-7000008702/
- Innovation bottleneck: The database
- Governments continue to invest in cloud technology http://govpro.com/technology/hardware_software/Delphix-20121128/
- Delphix and Carahsoft Partner to Accelerate Government Procurement of Database Virtualization Solutionhttp://www.prweb.com/releases/DelphixCarahsoftGSA/8_2012/prweb9800462.htm
- 4 smokin’ hot startups: The next tech boom http://www.infoworld.com/d/the-industry-standard/4-smokin-hot-startups-the-next-tech-boom-209026
- Delphix Secures Strategic Partnership and Technology Development Agreement From IQT to Support U.S. Intelligence Community http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/delphix-secures-strategic-partnership-technology-development-agreement-from-iqt-support-1736003.htm
- Jedidiah Yueh: Founder and CEO, Delphix
- Delphix Selected as Winner of 2012 Top 100 Global Red Herring
- “Delphix, simply put is a database virtualization tool. “http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/dba/what-is-delphix-for-sql-server/
- Delphix customer use cases with SQL Server http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/dba/use-cases-for-delphix/
- Delphix partnership slashes time, cost of database management http://dlvr.it/2JDbCT
- Pella opens window of opportunity with database virtualization softwarehttp://searchdatamanagement.techtarget.com/feature/Pella-opens-window-of-opportunity-with-database-virtualization-software